Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SYNTH Exclusive Artist Interview: STARKILLERS




Nick Terranova, better known as Starkillers is no stranger to success in the EDM arena. Having demonstrated his knack for putting on a great live performance and superior production talent through absolutely stellar tracks like "Pressure," "Let the Love," and "Rampage," his ascension to the top of dance music will surely continue to impress fans worldwide. That being said, we here at SYNTH sat down with this star of EDM to find out more about who Starkillers really is:



SYNTH: Thanks so much for taking the time to answer some questions for us. We heard the preview for your new track "Ride" and can't wait for the full release. How would you rank this among your previous tracks? 

STARKILLERS: This track is a big step for me, its a new sound and a development of my sound and I feel something fresh from what is out there now, I try to be a step ahead in this fast moving scene, I hope the fans love this record as much as I do. 

SYNTH: Awesome, we can't wait to get our hands on it when it releases! Now you've obviously played tons of live sets, but is there any set that sticks out in your mind as the best gig you've ever played? 

STARKILLERS: Spinnin' Sessions in Miami was a great gig for me this year, it was so great to play with many other great artists, I was lucky to really get the party going, it was so much fun! 

SYNTH: Miami and Spinnin' is a winning combination for sure. On that note, what's the most ridiculous thing that has happened to you on stage? 

STARKILLERS: I've had girls throw their underwear at me once, that was crazy! 

SYNTH: That is pretty crazy for sure! What would you be doing if EDM didn't exist? 

STARKILLERS: I would still be working in music, I used to make TV commercials a very long time ago, music has always been in me, I think I would work in film if EDM wasn't around, working in film has been something I'd like to try, I have a side passion for photography and cinematography. 

SYNTH: Are there any artists in particular you're really into right now? 

STARKILLERS: Sander Van Doorn is one of my favorites, and I'm loving what Dannic is doing right now, he is one to watch and of course my man Dmitry KO! 

SYNTH: All three of those artists are very popular here at SYNTH as well! We've read that you work closely with Dmitry KO during production, how did that partnership begin? 

STARKILLERS: We met when I was living in Vegas and instantly connected, I love working with him in the studio, he is super talented and we bounce off each other, he is one to look out for definitely. 

SYNTH: That must be awesome to have someone to rely on 100% in the studio. We know you made an album with Avicii a few years back, do you plan on collaborating with Tim again in the future? 

STARKILLERS: No I don't think so, that was sometime ago when we made that album, Tim is a great producer and I'm pleased for his success. 

SYNTH: What's your favorite thing to do when you're not making music? 

STARKILLERS: Movies, gym, you know the usual stuff. To be honest working in the music business is 24/7 so I'm always thinking about music and ideas 

SYNTH: It is absolutely an all consuming profession that doesn't leave much time for anything else. You've had big releases on Doorn Records, Spinnin' and Hysteria to name a few, what other big label releases do you have planned for the near future? Any exciting collaborations? 

STARKILLERS: My next release is on doorn, it's called "Ride" and is out on the 15th of July, I have a follow up single with Nadia Ali im working on, and I just started something with Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano. There are lots of great things going on, hopefully by the end of the year i can have the album pulled together too!

SYNTH: Wow sounds like you've been a busy guy! We are definitely looking forward to those new singles and your full length album! Thanks so much for your time and keep making awesome music!




Follow and Like Starkillers:
Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud |Youtube



No comments:

Post a Comment